CELL NOTES 2/5/11
Invite cell members to take out two items from pocket, handbag etc. Explain why they have them with them, and use them to introduce themselves, and say something about themselves. This could include their previous experience of cell, or whether this is their first time.
Getting to know you
As this is the first meeting of new groups, we will not follow the sermon outline in the normal way.
Spend plenty of time beginning to get to know folk over refreshments.
Revisit the 4 W’s of Welcome, Worship, Word and Witness, as the normal format for a meeting.
Read Mat 13 : 1-9 & 18 - 23
QUESTIONS OF APPLICATION
1) How might you explain the parable to a bunch of city kids who know nothing about sowing a field? What modern analogy might you use?
2) What are deep roots which can prevent the believer falling away?
3) What weeds and stones might prevent growth for you?
4) What can you do to increase your fruitfulness?
5) What are your hopes for the new cell group?